Coffee date dress

I recently tried my hand at the lovely Coffee Date Dress pattern (free download on the Burda website). I used a duvet cover I bought on sale recently, as I intended it as a muslin. In the end, however, I decided to line it and install a zipper after all. It was a good learning experience, and I’ve worn the dress a couple of times. There are, however, a couple of adjustments I need to make if I ever make this dress again.

coffeedatedressmuslinproblems

Based on the measurements on the pattern, I cut the pattern and the fabric to a size 40 in the shoulder and bust, but a size 42 waist and hip. That, however, turned out to be ridiculously loose in the waist. So next time, I’ll go down to a 40 throughout.

I also should have adjusted for my long torso (a lesson I should have learnt already). So next time, I will drop the top points of the bust darts and the waist line (bottom of the bodice) by two centimetres.

It does work, however, especially if I wear it with the elastic belt I made to go with it after discovering the waist fit issues:

coffeedatedressside

coffeedatedressfront

Advertisements

0 Responses to “Coffee date dress”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




Archives


%d bloggers like this: